Video has become the most rapidly growing form of content consumed online over the past 5 years, dramatically changing the landscape of how brands and audiences engage. Now as we approach 2020, video is still as vital as ever, and we believe it should play a key role in every business’ digital marketing strategy.
Done well, video enables you to connect and engage with your audience in ways other content formats have to work much harder to match. A good video campaign can instantly bring your brand values to life, conveying key messages in a quick, easy to understand way.
At One Vision Health, as digital content specialists we understand that this is especially important for medical and healthcare brands and organisations, where building trust and conveying health education information in an engaging, clear way is paramount to your success.
For this reason, we have made it our goal to champion well-executed video content within medical and healthcare digital marketing. We are constantly looking to elevate our clients’ content and marketing strategies through clever, creative and innovative use of video, created especially to suit your brand and business goals.
Why is video important for your brand?
We’re firm believers that video is a necessity if you want to increase conversion and exposure, and done well it can transform your digital success – but you don’t just have to take our word for it. To highlight just how important video is online and on social media, we’ve pulled together a variety of statistics straight from the experts:
- Half of internet users will look online to find a video relating to a treatment or service they are considering, and this has a high likelihood of influencing the decision to purchase or not. (Source: Think With Google)
- Your visitors are 84% more likely to buy a product or service after seeing a video about it. This ties in nicely with findings from unbounce.com which suggest using a video on your landing pages can increase your conversions by 80%.
- Research shows that 2 minutes is the sweet spot length for videos. As the length increases, however, interest starts to decline, according to marketing company Wistia.
- The average user will spend 88% more time on your website if it you have video content. Giving value to your customers to make conversions should be a top priority. The longer you keep visitors engaged on your site, the higher the chances of those visits ending in sales.
- The four most common types of video content are product demos, explainers, how-tos, and testimonials. These are all excellent examples of ‘show not tell’. These types of videos help brands explain complex concepts succinctly, build trust, and can act as a ‘pre-consultation’ before booking appointments.
- 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service when there is a choice of both video and text on a webpage. (Source: Wyzowl, 2018)
Not only do videos help visitors build trust in companies but they also produce more informed patients and, as a result, more qualified leads because visitors can educate themselves about your company and services through video.
So, what does this all mean from the customers’ point of view?
The statistics show that many will choose to engage with video over written information. They also show that video can improve brand awareness, qualified leads and conversion rates.
At One Vision Health, as video specialists, we can do all the hard work for you – from research, to production and even publication and promotion of your videos. We will research your key target audience and demographics, work with you to create comprehensive content strategies, professionally film your experts and take care of editing, to produce brilliant videos that you can share on all your social media channels too.
If you would like to explore marketing campaign opportunities for your healthcare business, feel free to get in touch with us today.